Valid Wisconsin blasting license required
Construction blasters are responsible for managing the use of explosives on construction job sites. They oversee a crew of drillers to design, layout, and detonate shots in various environments. Duties include handling and operation of explosive materials, adhereing to all safety riles and regulations, maintaining communication with project manager, filling out daily paperwork, and general upkeep of assigned equipment/vehicle.
Our construction crews currently operate in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, and Iowa. Overnight lodging is provided.
Good communication skills and ability to fill out daily detailed logs, inventory tracking, safety checklists, and miscellaneous paperwork is required.
Benefits, including health care and pension, are available & offered through Operating Engineers Local 139. Wages are based on specific union contracts and start at $44.27/hour.
Annual MSHA refresher training is provided and required.
Apprenticeship program through the union is available.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid WI blasting license required
* CDL with hazardous endorsement
* Comfortable handling explosive materials
* Ability to lead and work with others
* Basic knowledge of heavy equipment machinery
* Work requires ability to lift/carry heavy objects
* Drill operating experience preferred, but not required
* Willingness to travel (travel often required)